What we’re covering this week –
There’s a lot of action this week in Geneva. The World Trade Organization meets
on the Trade Facilitation Agreement and holds agriculture negotiations. In addition,
the Dispute Settlement Body and General Council meet.
● Tuesday, WTO Director General Roberto Azevedo launches the
Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility.
● Also Tuesday, the WTO Dispute Settlement Body meets.
● On Wednesday, the Atlantic Council sponsors a program on
the Pacific and the Americas with speakers including Acting Deputy US Trade Representative
Wendy Cutler and Rep. Charles Boustany.
● The White House holds a two-day rural opportunity investment
conference with speakers including Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and US Trade
Representative Michael Froman.
● Also Wednesday, the State Department Advisory Committee on
International Economic Policy holds an open meeting on US-Russia relations.
● In Geneva, the WTO holds agriculture negotiations.
● Thursday, the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on Asia
and the Pacific holds a hearing on US-India relations. US Foreign and Commercial
Service Director Arun Kumar is among the witnesses.
● The Heritage Foundation sponsors a program on energy exports
and free trade with Rep. Cory Gardner.
● The WTO General Council meets in Geneva.