What we’re covering this week –
What We’re Covering This Week
US and Chinese officials convene this week in Chicago for the annual meeting of the Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade. In Geneva, the World Trade Organization conducts a trade policy review of the United States and holds a Dispute Settlement Body meeting.
Here are some the events we’ll be following this week:
● Monday, World Trade Organization Director General Roberto Azevedo continues consultations with members in Geneva on implementing the Bali outcomes.
● Tuesday, the US-
● Also Tuesday, the WTO begins a three-
● Wednesday, the Commerce Department releases its report on the US current account balance for the third quarter.
● Thursday, the US Chamber of Commerce Global Intellectual Property Center holds its annual roundtable of US intellectual property attaches from around the world.
● Also Thursday, US and Chinese officials hold a concluding press conference on the JCCT meeting.
● Friday, the Peterson Institute sponsors a discussion with European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs Pierre Moscovici on investment and growth in the European Union.
● Also Friday, the WTO Dispute Settlement Body meets.
Click the highlighted text to hear snippets from WTD’s straight talk.
• Here’s a brief interview with the Heritage Foundation’s Foundry report with House Financial Services Chair Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-
• Here’s a brief snippet from remarks April 8 by Senate Finance Committee ranking Republican Orrin Hatch saying he is befuddled over why the President says he supports Trade Promotion Authority but doesn’t do anything about.
• Here’s Aspen Institute scholar and former Reagan Administration Assistant Secretary of Commerce speaking about with WTD on the many iterations of a US-