What we’re covering this week –
What We’re Covering This Week
Japan’s chief TransPacific Partnership negotiator will be in town this week to continue
efforts to close the big gaps still remain in US-Japan bilateral market access talks.
● Monday, the Peterson Institute for International Economics
sponsors a program with Brazilian Deputy Minister of Finance Carlos Marcio Cozendey
on Brazil’s role in the global economy.
● Beginning Tuesday, Acting Deputy US Trade Representative
Wendy Cutler and Japanese TPP negotiator Takeo Mori continue bilateral market access
talks focusing on agriculture and autos. The discussions are scheduled to continue
● Wednesday, the European Institute sponsors a program on the
TransAtlantic Trade and Investment Partnership with speakers including Greek Ambassador
Christos Panagopoulos and EU Delegation Trade Section Head Hiddo Houben.
● Also Wednesday, the Institute for Policy Studies holds a
discussion on Cuba-US relations with speakers including Cuban Interests Section First
Secretary Warnel Lores Mora.
● The bilateral US-Japan TPP market access discussions are
scheduled to conclude on Thursday.