What we’re covering this week –
What We’re Covering This Week......
This week begins with trade ministers from the 12 TransPacific Partnership countries
finishing up a meeting in Singapore they are hoping will break some deadlocks in
the ongoing negotiations.
Here are some of the events we’ll be following this week:
● Russian Minister of Economic Development Alexey Ulyukaev is in town this
week. He speaks on Monday to both the US Chamber of Commerce and Georgetown University.
● On Tuesday, TPP trade ministers are slated to wrap up their meeting in Singapore,
which began on Saturday.
● Also on Tuesday, Deputy US Trade Representative Miriam Sapiro speaks at
the National Association of Business Economists annual meeting.
● The Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies sponsors a program
on Africa, with speakers including Assistant USTR Florizelle Liser.
● Wednesday, King & Spalding LLP sponsors a panel discussion on Trade Promotion
Authority that features Reps. Earl Blumenauer and Jim Gerlach.
● On Thursday, the Georgetown Law Center’s annual international trade update
● The Middle East Institute hosts a program on US-Pakistan relations with
Ambassador Jalil Abbas.
● On Friday, Georgetown’s annual trade update conference concludes.